Keihin butterfly carb rebuild videos

Classic short-frame models

Keihin butterfly carb rebuild videos

Postby sportsterpaul » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:22 am

I just posted four videos of rebuilding a Keihin butterfly (pre-CV) carb. These were used on 76 to 87 Sportsters, but will bolt up to older ones. I have one on my 1962 and it works great. The last video shows how I had an air leak, even though I warned everybody to check for that. Pretty embarrasing. I hope to make more videos as I tear into my 1952 K-model. It took a long time to get the studio and cameras and editing software figured out, but I think I can crank them out faster than a month for each one.

#1 Tips and tricks.

#2 Disassembly and cleaning.

#3 Assembly and testing.

#4 Testing and start-up.

Happy new year all, hope to see some of you in the coming year, Sunshine AMCA run, and maybe I will get up to Oley or even the Iowa meet.
sportsterpaul

Re: Keihin butterfly carb rebuild videos

Postby JerrryR » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:43 am

Great job Paul,
Thank you for taking the time to do these videos. They will be a great help for many of us. Are you taking request for what the next how to videos will cover!
JerryR
JerrryR

Postby starcain » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:49 am

Paul, So good to see you back. I had been wondering where you've been. Wow you are looking good. I was hoping everything was OK with you. Man those are some fantastic videos. Those had to require a lot of work. Great Great job.
Stan
starcain

Postby sportsterpaul » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:15 pm

Thanks, it is great to be back among the living. One of the electronics magazines I freelance for redesigned their website and of course, everything broke. Programmers like Dave the admin here are few and far between. I got so annoyed, I vowed to work on my own website, rather than these billion-dollar media companies that change all the URLs and lose all the comments that they asked me to moderate. So I have been working on my two websites in a fury for six months, as well as getting the video aspect all figured out.

It was a big deal getting the videos figured out, but I think I can crack them out fairly often now. Other big challenge was losing 120 pounds since June. That meant a lot less siting in front of the computer and more painting walls and working on bikes. I feel great now, better than in the last 20 years.

Part of keeping moving around will be hitting the AMCA Florida Sunshine meet in March, hope to see some Forum members there like we did last year.
sportsterpaul

Return to 1957 to 1969