Carburetor Restoration

Good places to get work done

Carburetor Restoration

Postby EKHKHK56 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:30 pm

I restore all types of carburetors at my shop North Star Motors. In 1974 I started restoring carburetors since the reman ones of the day were hit and miss. That's only gotten worse today as cores are rehashed and butchered. In 1985 I started restoring them to pass SMOG every year. I learned the weak points of all carburetors and how to over come them. Redesign when needed. Weak as in gross failures to simply over fueling. So all carbs are built smog legal if applicable, and run clean to save fuel, your engine and your lungs. With correct power. Lifetime Warranty, except fuel contamination, no adjustment charge ever. All machine work is performed, bodies straightened, incuding bushing throttle shafts with Oilite Bronze Bushings. Seals added when possible. Self oiling bushings, they don't wear. This zero fit is necessary for smooth idle and off idle performance. Like new appearance or vintage finish available. Custom builds welcome. Any carburetor new or remanufacturerd is only as good as the person building it. I build carburetors for all over Alaska including RAVN Airport Ground Services. They have piles of new eastern made carbs that look great but don't work. So far every carb I have built for them from Domestic cores is still operating flawlessly and using least amount of fuel with no flat spots. I offer same warranty even for industrial applications. I'm the Carburetor Man. Text 907 347 4617 anytime for service or questions. I'll call back or text back. Erik K
Last edited by EKHKHK56 on Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
EKHKHK56

Re: Carburetor Restoration

Postby sportsterpaul » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:59 pm

This is great to know-- especially since Post Office flat-rate boxes ship to Alaska like anywhere else.

I too have seen the results of "eastern-made" products- I just bought a Victor tire pressure gauge at the auto-parts store. It weighs nothing since it is made of foil, not sheet metal, and its just so cheezy and crappy-- I figured the welding torch people would know how to make a decent gauge-- wrong again-- just eastern-made junk peddled in a way you can't touch or feel it until you have paid for it.
sportsterpaul

Postby ambike » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:09 pm

If the American government had not been captured by subversives from the middle east, NONE of the chi-com made crap would be here.
ambike

Postby EKHKHK56 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:21 am

Yes Paul priority flat rate mail USPS is price same to all 50 states. I just sent a case half to Florida in a large game box. There in 4 days. $18. Yes it's really terrible how many US manufacturing businesses have been shut down since Nixon started this. And now many of those excellent parts are not available and we are stuck with what's left. My first eastern tool purchase was a vise. Nice big heavy duty vise. Great bargain $35. Used it maybe ten times and it split in half. Right under the bondo. That was 93. Too many other things over the years same thing. Look great, use twice, fall apart, not fixable due to design...not good. :oops:
EKHKHK56

Postby 55panman » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:29 am

Yes Trickey Dick Nixon claimed he was not a crook. But he robbed the US of it's industry by opening China for all our companies to build their factories there to make cheap products with cheap labor and make enormous profits for the Robber Baron's of the 21st Century.
55panman

Postby ambike » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:33 am

It wasn't all Nixon. He was just the next whitey-boy puppet presumed to be elected.

Robber Barons sounds like us regular guys.

The real robbers are the Money Changers. Same dudes with the same bloodline who invented the game.

Red Shield. Rothschild...Make War for Love of Money.

Fed Reserve, IRS, confiscate the gold, fiat currency, perpetual war for ?, 20 trillion debt, US Constitution stomped, the 2nd ALWAYS under attack, Great Society = 20-30-40 MILLION illegals pooping-out more illegal welfare suckers, enemies of the state paid to infiltrate & do nothing, one law for elites / one for the rest of us, etc., etc.
ambike

Postby mikeslemmon » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:15 pm

.the only truth is the XLCH
mikeslemmon

Postby ambike » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:17 pm

Good comment !
ambike

Postby gabbyjon » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:27 am

What do you charge for labor on a total rebuild of a M53,I know it will very on condition and parts needed but a ballpark figure would suffice
gabbyjon

Return to Reliable and Reasonable Resources