Crank pin rollers

Production K Models

Re: Crank pin rollers

Postby JohnF » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:52 pm

Hi, All. Finally found new OEM rollers at MAS Classics , in CA. They had all the various roller sizes, both crank and rod. Has them in a kit (number needed), or you can get them in 100 count bags. Only a few dollars more for 100 count.

Dug up the part numbers and called them direct to order. Nice folks to deal with. Had all my stuff in one package in a few days. Probably has the cages as well if needed. Can order by the OEM part numbers.

I'll do business with them anytime. Has anything Colony as well. Check them out.

Good Old Motorcycle Co has them as well. Good folks there. Can even make bushings and stuff for you. Has complete bushing kits for vintage scooters. Check them out too for complete wiring harnesses. Good product, OEM style and fair prices. Good to deal with.
JohnF

Postby EKHKHK56 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:48 pm

Very good. Sources for 52-53 crank and rod bearings were a concern. Thank you.
EKHKHK56

Postby gabbyjon » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:46 am

Heres what I need for crank pin rollers,Part# 9401 17 rollers for the year models 1952-1953, measurements are:3/16 diameter X .533 long .I need these ASAP for I have been waiting 2 years for this motor to be completed and this is now the hold up for completing the assembly.Thanks much for any help in obtaining this part.
gabbyjon

Postby EKHKHK56 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:09 pm

Hi. Did you lap the case race? Just wondering as that is normal procedure to insure round than lap to next std Oversize Rollers. I was going to say what size rollers? Even new std bushings are warped after pressing in. Run into this with mainshaft fit before. Everything new but std rollers won't fit until bushing was lapped slightly back to std after pressing in. Good to hear MAS & GOMS have bearings!
Last edited by EKHKHK56 on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EKHKHK56

Postby gabbyjon » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:10 pm

The person building the motor made his own roller pins after looking up and down the east coast and out west where he is located.He is a serious machinist made many of the pieces and executed the needed machine work to mate Mitch match cases and trap door
gabbyjon

Postby gabbyjon » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:11 pm

The person building the motor made his own roller pins after looking up and down the east coast and out west where he is located.He is a serious machinist made many of the pieces and executed the needed machine work to mate Mitch match cases and trap door
gabbyjon

Previous

Return to K, KK, KH, KHK