Thread pitch for oil supply and return fittings '55 KHK

Production K Models

Thread pitch for oil supply and return fittings '55 KHK

Postby papasmurf113 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:15 pm

Howdy folks. New member who's been slooowly but surely reassembling a 1955 KHK in a basket (sat out through 2 Idaho winters in an open tin shed before coming to me), and REALLY glad to have come across this site. I'm to the point of chasing threads prior to reassembly of the cases and want to make sure I don't "goober" anything up. Are the fitting taps on the right side engine case for oil supply and scavenge standard pipe thread or something "unique and different"? Thanks for any help and your patience on this one. More to follow as I progress through this journey.
papasmurf113

Re: Thread pitch for oil supply and return fittings '55 KHK

Postby papasmurf113 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:21 pm

Got 'em figured out with the help of small hole gauges, micormeter, screw pitch gauges and a copy of Machinery's Handbook. Larger one, (assume oil feed) is 1/4-18 NPT, 2 smaller ones (assume vent and oil scavenge), are 1/8-27 NPT.
papasmurf113

Postby Lisa » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:06 am

Be shore to put in a oil pump that won't weep down over time. Tom 4137834045
Lisa

Postby Mayday53 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:51 pm

papasmurf113 wrote:Howdy folks. New member who's been slooowly but surely reassembling a 1955 KHK in a basket (sat out through 2 Idaho winters in an open tin shed before coming to me), and REALLY glad to have come across this site. I'm to the point of chasing threads prior to reassembly of the cases and want to make sure I don't "goober" anything up. Are the fitting taps on the right side engine case for oil supply and scavenge standard pipe thread or something "unique and different"? Thanks for any help and your patience on this one. More to follow as I progress through this journey.

I am in the middle of finishing my 55 KHK...I do not have any references for the oil fittings' location, size, etc. Can you share what you found out and any pictures you may have of the line routing?

Thanks,
Mayday
"Mayday"

"Respect is given, disrespect is earned"
Mayday53

Return to K, KK, KH, KHK