Steering damper question

Production K Models

Re: Steering damper question

Postby strong56KH » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:52 am

Here's the 55-58 damper. Neither end of the rod has a split end.

IMG_9300reduced.jpg
IMG_9300reduced.jpg (45.92 KiB) Viewed 5852 times
strong56KH

Postby hd54kh » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:05 pm

Thanks for the responses and advice on this. In my case the photos and measurements are king. I had most everything bagged and tagged but the few straglers have been a challenge. Mostly the odd hardware bits and pieces. The lack of a K/KH shop manual and the sometimes vague part images keeps a project like this interesting especially the conversations it creates.

It's all fun and sometimes a community project. We all learn and make forums like this a living document. I do as much searching here and other sites before I ask and there is always someone smarter than me on some of these subjects.

Now I know what I have or not have I can move forward, just got to find and ID some of the parts that are hiding.

Funny thing I was searching for runaway parts I found 2 of what might be the 4372 bolts. I set them aside thinking they got to be a specific application down the road. I'll check the dimensions to see if they match.

Thank again for the help.

Terry
hd54kh

Postby EKHKHK56 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:15 pm

Let me know which parts you need to complete. I should have them. I have split ones, think they are early. Guessing.
. Erik
EKHKHK56

Previous

Return to K, KK, KH, KHK