Throttle and spark advance cable clamps

Production K Models

Throttle and spark advance cable clamps

Postby Mayday53 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:41 pm

Cna i get someone to share a picture of where the Throttle cable clamp attaches just before the Linkert? I also need to know where the spark advance cable is properly routed and clamped. I cannot seem to get the internals to slide properly without the whole casing moving. Thanks,
"Mayday"

"Respect is given, disrespect is earned"
Mayday53

Re: Throttle and spark advance cable clamps

Postby Rubone » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:40 pm

Are your outers properly fitted in the handlebars? Lock screws in place? The timer clamp goes on the right rear stud of the front cylinder.
Rubone

Postby hennesse » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:54 pm

Mayday - We're talking K or KH here - correct?

The throttle cable is clamped down on the front cylinder head. See this posting
The parts are illustrated in the Spare Parts Catalogs - in the Handlebar and Controls section.

Old Dude sells the 56609-52 clamp, since it was used on Big Twins.

The timer cable attaches to the left side frame head - it's not shown in the books but it's a 9982, and to a clip on the front cylinder right rear stud. See here.

I don't know of any source for the clamp. I got a 9957 from Colony (their part# is 2586-1) and drilled the hole of to 3/8". Not elegant, but it will work. Note, when you close the clamp, insert the barrel of a properly-size screwdriver to keep the cable area from collapsing too far.
hennesse
Site Admin

Postby Mayday53 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:45 pm

Thanks fellas.
"Mayday"

Mayday53

Postby Simon » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:59 pm

Someone once told mw they had bought very similar clamps at a lawnmower supply store. We don't have such stores where I live, however it might be an option for a non-repopped clamp?
Simon

Postby Mayday53 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:15 pm

I had originals so I was lucky. I did fabricate one exact replica, a little thinner metal though, since original was cracked. I did same for befriend brake cable tube support bracket. It seems to be the little things that make the build more satisfying for me too! Kinda like, “have problem, problem solved.” I just started a new Ducati project as well; 1965 Ducati Monza 250...the KHK project gave me an “old bike” restoration addiction.
"Mayday"

Mayday53

Return to K, KK, KH, KHK