KR KK or KHK Cams Wanted

Racing K Models

Re: KR KK or KHK Cams Wanted

Postby Simon » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:21 pm

Well Ralf, you may be in luck.

A recent inventory of my cams shows that I have one orphan #1 cam with the same punch mark as yours, on a bearing shaft.
If I recall the profile is more "ice cube" shaped, though it was a while ago when I last checked. I'll try and get some pictures for you tonight.

I have seen other cams with this same punch mark on the lobes - no idea who made them though.
Simon

Postby EKHKHK56 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:56 am

Have misc K cams of all types. Which cam is needed? Numbered 1-4 left to right.
EKHKHK56

Postby EKHKHK56 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:59 am

The punch marks on the axle stub for bearing may be to snug the fit on the ID of bearing. ;)
EKHKHK56

Postby Simon » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:24 pm

Well Ralf, you are indeed in luck - the orphan #1 cam I have on BB shaft with the same punch mark on the lobe is indeed of a similar profile to the rest of your set. I have it with me at work today, and will try to get pics uploaded in an hour or so.

The other orphan cam on BB shaft I had with a similar mark - although it looks more like a tiny "c" is a huge lump of a cam, and more likely for an XLR or similar.

Eric - once I have all my ducks in a row (cams in the same spot) we should compare inventories and see if we can't make a few sets whole again...
Simon

Postby Simon » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:19 am

Here you go Ralf - I think this might be what you are looking for. Single punch mark on lobe, punched timing mark on rear, ball bearing shaft, angled lobe. I'm afraid I can't measure the lift or duration for you, but it looks very similar to the profile of yours.

Simon

Postby xlh59 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:09 pm

thanks to all for your help, I really appreciate it. I was on a short holiday with my family, thats why I answer today ...The fact that Simon has also cams with the punch let me think it might have been a mark from a specific tuner or factory employee? But I am really delighted, that this forum can definately help my in getting the missing cam.

When I measured the cams, I just grabbed on of the three, and it is the number 3 cam, so intake. Should have thought of measuring an exhaust cam. I will take measurements on all three cams tomorrow and post them here.

On the number one cam: The seller was very helpful and promised to check his store for another number one cam. I will wait for his reply first.
xlh59

Postby xlh59 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:08 pm

today I took the time and measured all of the three cams. What I found out is this:

The intake cams 2+3 seem to be much less angled than the outlet cam no. 4. The intake cam diameter differs marginal around a 10th of a milimeter (0.004"), while the outlet cam differs by almost one milimeter (0.04"). The base circle seems quite small compared to Simons pictures with around 0.945". The lift on the intakes is pretty similar at all sides with 0.381" and the exhaust cam has 0.375" ...

All cams have a concave shape on both sides of the cam. Is it correct, that the angle on the cams is different from intake to outlet? Do the tappet guides have different angles on intakes and exhaust?
xlh59

Postby wz507 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:40 pm

As you noted the cams all have a hollow flank and there is a difference in lobe angles between the IN and EX, with IN around 1 deg and EX around 3.5 deg, so everything appears normal.
wz507

Postby EKHKHK56 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:56 pm

Yes intakes angled much less than exhaust. It is amazing how much flow improved with slight valve tipping! The reason for all that trouble.
EKHKHK56

Previous

Return to KR, KRM, KRTT, KHR, KHRM, KHRTT