52 K steel fuel line

All things K & Sportster

Re: 52 K steel fuel line

Postby Vintage_hds » Mon May 08, 2017 8:31 am

Hi all, I am back from swap meets in Illinois and Oley and a quick trip to Colorado Springs for my 4 year old grandson's BD party. What a trip; 1000 miles in one day on my Electro-Glide.

Anyway I am waiting for the info on the vertical vs. horizontal crossover line and to see if the mating male fitting is available. The gas fittings are different than the oil line fittings so that won't work.

Dave
Vintage_hds

Postby Vintage_hds » Mon May 08, 2017 10:00 am

Ok...here is the answer from the vendor.

I have the vertical loop cross-over line for K-Models. I also have a fitting that works with the cross-over line for your other customer.
It is the same fitting that goes in the cam cover for '42-'47 knuckle rocker box feed lines. Saw the pipe thread end off and weld it to the tank. Sell him two fittings so that when he saws the wrong end off he has a spare!

So e-mail me at [email protected] and let me know how many of each pipe you want. The crossover line is the 62355-52 and the tank to carb. line is 62357-52. Both are $20.00 each plus MN sales tax (sorry) and shipping from & to..

Once I have your order will bring them in and let you know your final cost. at that point you can send me a check.

Dave
Vintage_hds

Postby JerrryR » Sun May 14, 2017 9:42 am

If anyone wants to borrow one of the horizontal gas tank crossover lines in order to try to bend one up send me your address and I can lend you one to use as a model.
JerryR

Horizontal Gas Tank Crossover Line Sized.jpg
Horizontal Gas Tank Crossover Line Sized.jpg (85.75 KiB) Viewed 5947 times
JerrryR

Previous

Return to General K / Sportster Discussions