doing business with forum members

All things K & Sportster

Re: doing business with forum members

Postby xlh59 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:14 am

Hi Erik, hi Terry and others

just as a starting point look at my first point (where I didn´t mention any names) and look at one of the first words: "indecisive". I was struggeling a lot to post and now I feel sorry that I started this thread. I fully agree to both of you talking about the value of this forum, the fact that we are nerdy enthusiasts and a that we are small cummunity assisting each other. Although I do not have any relevant stash of K parts to share, I offered to forward orders from JWBoon to forum members. That is part of my natural commitment to this forum, as well as offering constructive contributions of any kind.

If you would live in Germany Erik, I would have visited you for sure -- not only for the frame but also for a cup of tea and to offer you support. Unfortunately Alaska is far and I can only make guesses about the situation you are in.

Obviously we do not need to discuss on the valuable contributions you made to the forum Erik and on the fact that your workshop is a goldmine for all of us forum members (where on earth do you get a KHRM frame!). Maybe there is a way you can utilize your stock better which will improve your current situation as well. Maybe other forum members from Alaska (not sure if there are any) can help you out to organize shipping of pending orders which will be a big relieve for you I guess.

At the end we can boil the conflict down to the question on which "order processing time" is acceptable or not. Obviously we have different understandings on this and my mistake was not checking the timeframe. In my professional environment we call that "expectation management" and I should have asked.

I think it would be a nice evidance for the quality of this forum, if we (Erik and me) could get together somehow and we (the forum members) would find a way to support Erik in the situation where he is in. Usually "social media" (in the widest sense) has the power to destroy people, so the other way around should also be possible. If this thread is not helpful anymore, please delete it.

Best,
Ralf
xlh59

Postby EKHKHK56 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:46 am

Just want to say I have always tried to help people with their K dreams or projects even if it means giving up Key parts I hope to find later. It's way past later. I have failed at my attempts to build my favorite motorcycle. I believe I will continue to get the Barnster going, leaving all as found except mechanicals. So the 52, one 56KHK and I would be happy. I have a giant pile of extras from at one point 2 dozen K projects. But I will inventory first before I take orders except little ones. My brother is coming up to help me clean and organize. I tripped flat on my face today, twice. Once when I woke up to my newly charged phone that was off for a week because lost charger at shop. Anyway enough, NOBODY out there has ever returned parts to me which I would gladly accept with refund if there is a problem. Often when I find parts it's a pile, than I go through them and pick the best first. Always have. With Ralf, I took my normal 30 days thinking about it and trying to get to it. Than build an exact box 10" by 24" by 36" with one arm as my left arm has quit. Finally get that done, packed, w swingarm, perfect frame not a blemish. So we came up with some smalls he wanted to fill the box some. Finally found 8 1954 Covers, spent 8 hours straightening them no charge. Offered free Head Bracket cause I was taking a while. So looked for that and still have not located box of 8 brackets I know I had. So offered him no charge KHRM OEM seat bracket and plungers, springs, everything but roller. Ok. Found, pulled, those parts. I was at the post office one day a month before ready to ship but couldn't get reply from Ralf. I texted him and said I was heading there, and would ship if he sent shipping funds. Last week phone was dead thank God except I guess I missed PayPal correspondence. Ralf protested this to PP 2 weeks ago and they called me. I said I have his frame ready, just looking for a few seat parts I was donating. With my record, they said ok, we will see tracking when you ship and they lifted my frozen account right away. Last week the box got wet and had to redo. Fun. Now my PP rating is effected besides being overdrawn 1300 with no warning. Like Stevie said...well excuuuuuse me :roll: anyway I surely did not mean to take so long, it's just the parts are everywhere, many small boxes 100s to go through..., still, and giant mess stirred up.. Erik
EKHKHK56

Postby EKHKHK56 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:04 am

All this is due to my constant confusion and my lack of communication. I can get overwhelmed just thinking about communicating especially if I don't have stuff ready which is the case. I apologize to all who have or are waiting for parts. I just started meds which should help. Also I'm having a good talk to myself cause I need my butt kicked. Ok I'm not going anywhere, and I am organizing and listing parts so I can properly do these orders. I have no help, I've always lone wolfed it. Ralf I apologize for this mess, not your fault, we will figure it out. I agree this singular case does me no good but it's not indicative of my service. 99.99 buyers are happy and 100% eBay buyers are also which can be hard with my world wide customer base. Come on over, Ive got my Grandpas old straw stuffed boxing gloves and we'll settle. :D
EKHKHK56

Postby Mayday53 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:16 pm

Erik,

I feel this is a good time to tell you, once again, thank you for all your help. You were the final missing piece for getting my KHK together. I understand you were struggling, please know you are in my thoughts, which is why I like to chat once in a while; I know that does not help pay the bills, but I also will be doing more business with you over the next few weeks. Keep your head above the water buddy…I hope to get to visit you this falll!
"Mayday"

"Respect is given, disrespect is earned"
Mayday53

Postby Erandoank » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:48 pm

I call him..Uncle E.
He is a nice old K Guy.
I have received all parts i bought from Erik.
I spent around $ 3,500 and it is worth.
This year is my 4th year to build my KH.
Thanks for the KH Parts , it means a lot for me.
Get well soon Uncle E.

Warm regards from Indonesia

Eran
Erandoank

Postby xlh59 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:10 am

Hi All,

this is just to give a short update and to bring this post to an end (al least for me).

Finally the frame has been posted on Ebay and Erik informed me on that. Unfortunately the price was higher now and due to Ebay custom clearance procedure the price increased an additional 20% (as they do not consider oldtimer/collectable taxation rates). Together with the dropped Euro/Dollar rate this came up to almost 40% more for me ... to much. After I gave this feedback to Erik, the frame was pulled from ebay and sold to "a customer in south california". All in all a very unpleasant experiance, its not easy to find a "date-code-matching" KHRM frame. Anyhow, this needs to end. Too much time and energy invested.

Maybe this all would have went on a different direction if I would know Erik in person or if I would live in the US -- but thats not the case. What bothers me most is, that I appear to be a "narrow minded youngster" who is not considering his current situation. From my perspective I was very fair and patient and we all have our very individual types of "personal situation" -- I tried not to mix that with this business. Anyhow, I needed to set this straight here, knowing that no one likes to read unpleasant stories. And I cincerely hope, that everyone who has had a productive business relation with Erik continues to do so.

Sorry for that,
Ralf
xlh59

Postby EKHKHK56 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:24 am

I've already explained. Done. It's not you Ralf, it's K, she makes it very difficult. Ok one failure. I never gave up. YOU cancelled the order with no warning whatsoever leaving my wife and I -1800$ by the end of the day as everything started bouncing. Evidently the 2 hour email I sent yesterday meant nothing. I put it on eBay and kept you notified that I just did, after not hearing anything for long time since you snatched up the payment money out of my account. I did it to give the sale more professional guidelines. You said you couldn't buy it cause the extra fees. Ok. That tells me you are out. I have no work and large overhead. So I sold it to a customer I've had for 25 years with 0 problems who asked about it. And he paid me well, more than I asked. Gone to bills before I even saw it. His comment on first parts I sent him. 1992. "I never expected them to be this nice, at that price." I always ship the best I have. Why not? At this point #whatever and #WTF is call I can say. Waste someone elses time and energy would you. Oh, the free top motor mount showed the day after sale just like I predicted. Box of 6. Top shelf in back. Last note. THIS IS NOT MY BUSINESS. IT IS A NON PROFIT DRAIN YOU HOBBY. I work 12-16 hours A day. Its 2am AGAIN and im talking to Ralf again. Just did that 24 hours ago. SEE WHY I GET NOWHERE? UNLESS THIS BLOG IS GOING TO BE STRUCTURED LEGAL AND BINDING AND USEFUL ITS NOTHING BUT BULLSHIT AND HEARSAY. I EVEN OFFERED CHOICE OF 2 OTHER 54 FRAMES half price BUT I DONT HEAR YOU BLABBING ABOUT THAT. You have no clue about me or my life. FIST CITY is how gentle men argue. This is pure kraap. Thank you and all the OTHER impatient ungrateful people who "wantaK" or perfect K parts cheap but have no idea about me, what i gave and gave up to buy these parts. For every good one I bought I might have 2 others that were trash. I still pass on the best first to my customers. Well youre #1. I have never failed to deliver before this however YOU pull t he plug at last minute. Not me. 2060 100% Happy Ebayers shows how I normally do things when I'm NOT sick. I'm not doing well now. Slowing down. Still worked my job and shipped 36 orders last week. Have a couple other orders going out this week that folks have patiently waited for. I used to ship everything same or next day for years as a hobby . Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery is how i was taught. Maybe I blew every dime including yours to keep this heartwarming device locked and loaded. Or buy ELECTRICITY WHERE OURS IS 150% MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE. So now I have to find shipping funds. OR Pay RENT, HEAT TIMES 3 buildings PER MONTH with little or no real work...I'm not slow or lazy. Just broke. 5 people came and stole theilr vehicles without paying . this year. I thought that was over. Making a comeback. This town is DEAD. So is the next son of a bitch who I catch stealing from me and my family...Ok been fun
EKHKHK56

Previous

Return to General K / Sportster Discussions