Horn Rivets

All things K & Sportster

Horn Rivets

Postby JerrryR » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:45 pm

Hi All,
I'm thinking of taking apart a K horn power pack and am curious if anyone knows what rivets are available that are close for putting it back together. The two rivets that hold the 4 thin metal brackets look larger than the ones that hold the power pack body together, hopefully both sizes are available. While I'm on the topic there is a machinist I've had repop me a number of parts, I'm thinking of asking him if he can do a good repop on the 4 steel power pack mounting brackets. If he can and they are reasonable is there any interest in me having him make more than just the few I need for some broken ones I have? No guarantee he will make them.
JerryR
JerrryR

Re: Horn Rivets

Postby DaveC » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:10 pm

Check with Hansen Rivet here in LA. They have a web site. Years ago I bought a supply of fender rivets in aluminum.
DaveC

Re: Horn Rivets

Postby Mutt » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:30 pm

If you have a good sample, I can machine the correct rivets. Do it quite often. Most Harley stuff is never found on any rivet suppliers shelves any more.
Ask me how I know !!! Try finding the TINY correct rivet that secures the flip top on a fatbob ignition switch......
Mutt

Return to General K / Sportster Discussions