doing business with businesses

All things K & Sportster

Re: doing business with businesses

Postby Mutt » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:10 pm

Chuck, ya hit the nail right on the head. Kurt's wife banned me from buying from them, because I called her out on the "free shipping". She cut her own throat as I buy a lot of 45 motor/trans rebuild parts , and now the business will all go to someone else !!!! I even asked her if she would like me to discuss it with Kurt, but she never emailed me back
Mutt

Postby Mutt » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:14 pm

Let me know how the techline stuff holds up. I won't be sending anything else to SwainTech so maybe I'll start doing it myself.
Mutt

Postby jjohnson1177 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:25 pm

You would think these business owners would know how crap like this hurts business, you have to wonder why they do it. On the other hand once in a while you run into a company that is exactly the other way. Last year I mailed a gas tank from my restored 1977 Penton 175 to Penton Enterprises to get John Penton to autograph it for me. When I boxed it up I included what I believed would be enough return postage. When I went to mail it I found out I was about 15 dollars light. I went home and emailed Mr. Penton, telling him about the situation and ask him to email me back with the correct postage and I would send it post haste through Paypal or how ever he wanted it. I never got a reply. 4 days later my fuel tank was returned with John Penton's autograph and date on the right side and Jack Penton's autograph on the left side. John also autographed the letter I had sent, sent a nice movie poster autographed and some Penton stickers. That is a class operation.
jjohnson1177

Postby Mutt » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:23 pm

Here is another awesome company that knows how to do business and treat their customers with respect and not rip them off.
I had a AR-7 survival rifle. made by Charter Arms in the 70's. The barrel was bad, so I called Henry Repeating Arms, which also makes that rifle. I told them about my bad barrel and they sent me a brand new one, FREE OF CHARGE. No shipping, no cost for the barrel. FREE. Immediate respect for that company
Mutt

Previous

Return to General K / Sportster Discussions