Compression

Classic short-frame models

Re: Compression

Postby dlxl66elxl » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:18 pm

You may want to do a cylinder leakage test as this is a better diagnostic tool than a compression test.
dlxl66elxl

Postby Otis » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:12 pm

The 90 octane non ethanol I’ve been buying seems to keep well. I stock up because the station is 30 miles away. The aircraft fuel is a challenge to get. There is times when out riding that it’s neither are available. Tom Cotton of Liberty Durable Floats says it’s best not to mix blends from one company to another because the additives aren’t always compatible. That is almost impossible to adhere to when out riding.
Otis

Postby Ferrous_Head » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:36 pm

dlxl66elxl wrote:You may want to do a cylinder leakage test as this is a better diagnostic tool than a compression test.

Yes, I have and use a leakdown tester.

But I check to see just what I am really getting after I build an engine. There shouldn't be any problems. But I like to know that my efforts to get the cranking pressure somewhere respectable has worked.

I thin for riding we need to just get Honda's. The new one's will run on wombat piss.
"I know only too well the evil that I propose, but my inclinations get the better of me."
Ferrous_Head

Previous

Return to 1957 to 1969