Cadmium Barrel Plating - Three J's, Elk Grove Village, IL

Good places to get work done

Re: Cadmium Barrel Plating - Three J's, Elk Grove Village, I

Postby ambike » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:58 pm

Mutt ~

Sounds like your guys at Plymouth do great work.

As for Billmark, I'll give them a shout and see what I can determine. It's entirely possible regs over the past years have affected certain processes. ( the 429 auto link addresses changes )

I have a large assortment of hardware & parts that needs plating. Long term project items - been on the back burner for a few years.

Billmark has always done perfect work for me and I'll get to the bottom of what's what.

Thanks for your input.
ambike

Postby Mutt » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:03 pm

I picked up a Evo chopper for my brother from Flying Hog Cycles , a block down the street from Billmarks. While I was at FH, they had a couple of 45's that they had redone. It had some cad stuff, so I asked them who did the cad, They told me the place right down the street. When I had the bike loaded, I drove down there and talked with the owner. He assured me that his cad wouldn't be gray or streaky, so I dropped off a small box of parts, maybe 5 lbs.. He mailed me the parts a week later and it was HORRIBLE. Needless to stay, I won't go there any more.

Here is probably 3 lbs of the 40 lbs. I sent Don. It's been back for about 3 or 4 weeks, still looking good so far
Attachments
DSC08081.JPG
DSC08081.JPG (128.04 KiB) Viewed 23259 times
Mutt

Postby Mark.A » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:06 pm

I have used Areo propeller now Colorado plating in Broomfield Co.Cost was 125.00 for 15 lbs.Parts came back looking great and still look the same after 8 months Mark
Mark.A

Previous

Return to Reliable and Reasonable Resources