buddy seat mounting help?

Production K Models

buddy seat mounting help?

Postby ClintsMotorcycles » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:56 pm

Hello,

56KHK.

I have what I *think* is an OE buddy seat, I had a solo seat on the bike before but that saddle was not even close to OE and did not look correct at all. The bike came with a buddy seat so I thought I would swap it out. The seat that I have came with the right and left passenger pegs with the associated fasteners which I guess is what is included with part 52501-52 (Buddy seat complete) for K models 52 - 56.

In looking at the PB, there are these bolt type fittings (52605-52, 4826 and 6579b) which my buddy seat has. There is an elongated mounting hole in the front of the seat the bolts into the frame just like the T-Bar did with my solo seat.

When I mount the seat using that elongated hole, those bolt type things line up with the seat plungers. However, the seat plungers that I used for the solo seat stick up way too high to be used with the buddy seat and there is too much wiggle in the seat for those bolt type things to stay on top of the seat plungers anyway. There are also no supporting rear springs on my seat and I do not see any springs in my parts book.

Does anyone have a buddy seat mounted on their bike that they can post pictures of so I can see how to mount it properly or tell me what other parts I need to get.

I can post some pictures tomorrow of what I have if it would help.
ClintsMotorcycles

Re: buddy seat mounting help?

Postby xlh59 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:32 am

Hi,

you can´t use the seat plunger for the buddy seat -- the buddy seat is mounted "rigid" to the frame. The only part you keep is the seat post retaining plate. Take the bolt and the washer and put them through the holes (facing upwards) of the retaining plate. The put the spacer between the retaining plate and the seat pan and tighten the bolts to the seat. As a last step you mount the retaining plate back to the frame.

I hope this helps,
Ralf
xlh59

Postby ClintsMotorcycles » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:56 am

Thanks. I got it mounted and it looks great.
ClintsMotorcycles

Postby Model H » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:41 pm

Clint - I have NOS grab rail for that seat for sale.

Let me know if youre interested.

Mark
Model H

Postby ClintsMotorcycles » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:20 pm

Thanks, but I have one on the seat already.
ClintsMotorcycles

Return to K, KK, KH, KHK