Electronic Ignition (6V)

Production K Models

Electronic Ignition (6V)

Postby Mayday53 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:58 pm

Question for those better experience and knowledgeable on the K/KHK electrical system (likely quite a few of you). I am looking at putting an electronic ignition in my 55 KHK to improve ignition reliability, particularly when kick starting, during advance, etc.

Please share your EXPERIENCED/EDUCATED thoughts on the following:

1) Pros to Electronic Ignition?
2) Cons to Electronic Ignition?
3) What is the best option for a kit which fits under my stock timer cover (32588-36)?

Thanks in advance if you offer your time and input, it is much appreciated...be well!
"Mayday"

"Respect is given, disrespect is earned"
Mayday53

Re: Electronic Ignition (6V)

Postby prostreetholland » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:20 am

The electronic ignition has much advantages. Better spark, better miliage and much stronger engine in the mid-range. I like the V-Tronic ignition from Samwel. You can use it with 6 and 12 Volt. Personal I like the hand advance model. There is also a automaticly advance model, but the hand advance model sound more like a traditional HD when idling. We mount around 20 every year on sidevalves en OHV models, they do there job very well.
Pro Steet Holland
prostreetholland

Re: Electronic Ignition (6V)

Postby panic » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:22 pm

I don't now what's on the market, but I would prefer not only one with automatic advance but also vacuum advance. This would require a tiny piece of tube pressed into the bottom of your intake manifold, and a short length of hose to the control box.
[url="http://victorylibrary.com/L-BK.htm"]The Linkert Book[/url]
panic

Return to K, KK, KH, KHK