K KH KR Cam development

Production K Models

K KH KR Cam development

Postby RHK » Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:59 am

Hi All,

I'm still struggling to find Model K bits here in the UK, but I suppose if it was easy there would be no fun?

Anyway, can anyone provide me with details on cam shapes? I can find the valve timings, open, close, duration etc, but no actual information on the details of ramps, radii etc. I need the numbers that actually spell out the cam development. probably using the wrong terminology, so please forgive.
I tried to talk to Enfield Racing, because he sells lobes to be timed and welded, but I can't get a response. Guess because I'm a limey.

Help greatly appreciated.

Regards,
RHK
RHK

Re: K KH KR Cam development

Postby JerrryR » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:57 am

Are you in need of K, KH or KHK cams? I think I have a set of K cams I'd ship you.
JerryR
JerrryR

Postby RHK » Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:56 am

Hi JerrryR,

At this point, I'd take any cams at all. I am trying to restore a '53 K, so I guess standard K would be great, any thing a bit hotter would be better.

Thanks for your response.

RHK
RHK

Postby 55panman » Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:34 pm

If Jerry doesn't have a set of cams I might have a set to sell. RL
55panman

Postby RHK » Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:25 am

Thanks guys. I can give an address in the US to ship to if that makes it easier. I'll sort it from there.

Regards,

RHK
RHK

Postby JerrryR » Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:02 am

Hi RL, if you have a set of K cams you want to sell RHK, go ahead. RHK, are you in need of anything else?
JerryR
JerrryR

Postby 55panman » Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:09 pm

Jerry, if you have a set to sell go ahead. I got a lot going on next 10 days or more and won't have time to dig around to find any cams. RHK if you don't get a set by 3 weeks give me a message and I'll see what I can find. Don't remember what I have for what I need. RL
55panman

Postby RHK » Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:11 am

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your responses. I'm still after cams and will continue to look out for some. Failing that, I now have the information (thanks to a very kind forum member) I need to machine up a set of lobes. Making my own stuff is fine just takes longer to fit in with "proper" work.
The only part I'm really struggling on, is a carb. I've seen M74 & 88's for sale but no 53's, not even as replica's. Would like to stick with a standard carb, but I also want to ride the bike, so may have to install something else to get me going.

I have to say, that without all you guys help, my K would be getting absolutely no where, so a BIG thanks to all.

RHK.
RHK

Postby Ferrous_Head » Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:53 pm

You might want to talk to the guys at Enfield Racing before you go to the trouble of machining your own.
[url]
http://www.enfieldracing.com/page/28565-H-D-Cams[/url]
"I know only too well the evil that I propose, but my inclinations get the better of me."
Ferrous_Head

Postby 55panman » Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:42 pm

RHK, if you're going to machine your own cam, you know those K lobes have an angle on the lobes. Bout 1 1/2 on intake and 3 degrees on the exhaust. The valves are slightly tipped in the cylinders. RL
55panman

Next

Return to K, KK, KH, KHK